Day 1 -
A Swiss Travel representative will meet and greet you upon arrival at SJC and will provide you with all the necessary documentation that you will need during your vacation. Then, you will be transferred to your hotel in San Jose, approximately 20 minutes driving distance. Overnight at the selected hotel.
About the San Jose area and surroundings:
The Central Valley offers a variety of tourist, cultural and natural attractions, including Costa Rica's best museums: the Gold, Jade, National, Costa Rican Art, La Salle Natural Science, University of Costa Rica Insect and Children's Contemporary Art and Design Museums. In addition, this region is home to the architectural jewel of Costa Rica: the National Theater. All of these are located in the country's capital.
Day 2 -
Today you will enjoy the Classic Coffee Tour, a celebration of Costa Rican coffee and culture! Behold the organic coffee fields and roasting facilities, where you'll enjoy an entertaining multimedia tour depicting the journey of the World's Finest Coffee from plantation to cup! Here you will also discover coffee’s vital role in forging Costa Rican democracy. You will enjoy a delicious lunch. After the meal, enjoy the unique Espresso Bar, and become a brewing expert by experiencing the live multimedia lesson on how to brew the perfect espresso or cappuccino. (Breakfast & Lunch included)
Day 3 -
At mid-morning, the journey starts to the northern lowlands of Costa Rica, where the mayor attraction is the Arenal Volcano. The tour begins with a climb up to central volcanic mountain range and a visit to the famous artisan town of Sarchí for souvenirs. Afterwards, admire diverse agricultural plantations, ornamental plants and cattle ranches until arrive to La Fortuna where you will enjoy a traditional lunch. During the afternoon, enjoy a spectacular hike through the Arenal Volcano surroundings, where you will discover the natural wonders of the secondary forest and the old lava fields from previous large eruptions. Finally, you will visit the world famous Tabacón Hot Springs. At the end of the tour you will enjoy dinner and be transferred to your selected hotel in Arenal Volcano where you will stay two nights. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner included)
About Tabacón Hot Springs -
These natural hot springs feature a hot river that flows through a series of pools. From cascading falls to tropical gardens, the hot springs are the result of rainwater heated by magma in the Earth’s interior. Once heated, the waters rise to surface, taking with them minerals found in the earth’s rocky crust. The waters become very beneficial to your body and help to relax muscles, clean pores and rejuvenate the skin. Tabacón is a very unique location full of natural jewels.
Day 4 -
Full day tour discovering the nature wonders of the northern wetlands. The tour consists of a floating safari tour where experienced guides will show you the different species of animals that inhabit this area. The Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge together with Río Frío is a biologically wetland area, one of Costa Rica's richest areas of biological diversity. Here, you will find a great variety of resident and migratory birds, three different species of monkeys, iguanas, sloths, turtles, and caimans. In the afternoon return to the Arenal Volcano selected hotel. (Breakfast & Luch included).
Day 5 -
After breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a transfer to your selected beach hotel in the Guanacaste area. Guanacaste forms part of the North Pacific Region of Costa Rica, where hundreds of unspoiled beaches line a shore full of enchantment and surprises. Guanacaste is far more than a beach destination and is known as Costa Rica’s folklore mecca. Overnight in Guanacaste at your selected hotel. (Breakfast included).
Days 6 & 7
- Days at leisure for you to enjoy the hotel grounds, the beach and consider on taking optional (extra cost) day tours in the area. The region is known for its extensive nature reserves that house an incredible concentration of flora, fauna and natural beauty. There are several reserves, natural attractions and many activities including: Rincon de la Vieja National Park, which holds an active volcano, thermal mud baths, and a variety of forests; Palo Verde National Park, which is a bird-watchers and nature-lover’s paradise. There are also canopy tours, river rafting, horseback riding, forest hiking, fishing and much more for you to explore. (Breakfast included).
Day 8 -
Transfer from your Guanacaste hotel to Liberia International Airport (LIR) to board your flight back home.
- Costa Rica tours are operated by Swiss Travel Service.
- The order of the activities at Eco-Lodge can vary without previous notice.
- Vegetarian or special meals can be prepared if you inform us in advance.
- Please be informed that the you must be at the Daniel Oduber International Airport 3 hours before departure time in order to check-in and aboard your international flight.