TripAdvisor Traveller Reviews
Family winter trip
Fantastic stay on caraibian.
Hotel belongs to big hotel network.
Which gives more opportunity.
We can use many different pools and bars.
Big resort give a chance for nice runing and long family walks.
Unfortunately beach was crowded. Too many tourist for smal part of the beach.
Sand was amazing. Very light and fine.
This unfortunately gives very disturbed Water without any chance for snorkling.
Ther was also planty of seawead on the beach wich is quite common on caraibians cost. Gardener do their best to remove it. 👍
Room was big enough however coul be clenaer. Bath rooms ale need more carfull clening.
Our hotel was 1,5km from beach however golf cab pick up guests so often that it wasn’t any issue.
Main restaurant was really good. I would recommend to go there earlier to avoid queue on the entrance. Lot of see foods fishes as well meat. From my perspective it was more focus for North American gust.
For me ok but some of gust could be disappointed. Dishes could be more seasond. Very could choice of fruits.
I can complaint about hours wine. Wasn’t good enough. Wine menu was also for Americans. Prices 15-90$ was more then too high. In Europe will be 3 times cheaper.
Ala carte restaurants:
Japanese ok but don’t try sushi. Taste like from supermarket. Nice life cooking show but foot was avarage.
Nice room but steak was well done when I ordered medium rare. Some gusts complaints it was too cold because of air con.
Italian has good main dishes but very poor deserts. Waiters was so absent.
Mexican. Very good guacamole.
Fantastic waiter service. Good buffet. Tuna was too dry. Atmosphere was really nice.
I would recommended dolphin explorer trip. But be aware that it is so expensive.
There are 7 resorts on the property and it's a large place. Being a guest at the Turquesa resort we were able to use the facilities (entertainment, bars) at most of the other resorts. Turquesa isn't on the beach, the beach is 1-2 KM away, but there are golf carts regularly scheduled taxiing guests around, the beach is a few minute ride away. The pool was excellent and there was always entertainment going on at the pool area, there is also a swim up bar. The grounds were well maintained and clean.
The room was clean with a stocked fridge, the fridge was restocked when the room was cleaned. There would be 2 beers, 2 large waters and a few different kinds of sodas. There was a coffee maker as well. Big drawers and a closet, the closet held the safe and there was an umbrella, robe and slippers provided. The TV worked well and there are channels in Spanish and some in English. The bathroom was very roomy with a tub and walk in shower, the shower had an overhead shower and hand held sprayer. There are several buildings for the rooms, which are spread out. Each building had three floors, but no elevators. My room building was right next to the pool, but the buildings are quite spread out and some looked to be quite a ways from the pool area.
They had a buffet each night, lots of food to choose from but mainly the same thing each time but with a few different options each night. We get three a la carte dinners, we ate at the Garden Grill, which is a BBQ kind of place. They had a chicken wing buffet, which I only found out about after I ate my meal (steak, which was excellent), there were also other foods at that buffet but I only cared about the wings. There was also a dessert buffet. We also ate at the Maiko Japanese restaurant which was good as well, and the Il Cippricio Italian restaurant which was also good. There was a 24 hour buffet near the beach.
The Turquesa resort is right next to the Entertainment area, which is a large area with a large stage for shows (I think they had shows every night), a casino, disco, karaoke/sports bar (karaoke stops at midnight, unfortunately) and many stores and vendors. There was a gym on the other side of the entertainment area, a nice small gym with free weights, a bench and several machines, treadmills and bike machines.
Their golf course, Punta Blanca, is about a 20 minute walk away from the Turquesa lobby. They'll shuttle you there though. The golf wasn't drinks included but you can purchase drinks at the course. I golfed at 1 PM, when it's cheaper, and it had cost $100 USD with clubs included. You can purchase used or new golf balls. The course was in good shape, greens were nice and they were all the same speed.
Overall it was a great resort and I had a great time.
Great family resort
We just spent a week at Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa. This was my first time on all inclusive vacation with my girls and we loved it. The resort was actually part of 7 different resorts and has lots to do. Food was decent and staff was friendly. Even though there is language barrier but with gestures and patience all turned out positive. The kids loved the water park and the mini golf. Our room was spacious and comfortable with everything in working condition. It’s right by the pool so we hanged out in the pool a lot! The beach was a bit far but shuttles were frequent all day. It’s also nice to ride the shuttle around the resorts. A La Carte experience was good too except for Los Olas as we didn’t like the food there.
The highlight of the stay was definitely the shows at night, especially the Michael Jackson show. The animators were amazing!
We will come back to this resort next time and maybe give Fantasia a try.
Pleasant Family Resort / Hand Foot and Mouth Warning!
We were in Turquesa for 5 nights in early March. Here is my breakdown of the experience:
- Wonderful pool and water park. Although busy but we could always find a seat.
- Kids club was well run. Caroline did a great job and my son really enjoyed the activities. They even take the kids for lunch so parents can have a nice meal on their own.
- Food at the buffet was fresh and tasty. Ala Carte restaurant Garden Grill was superb. Room was always equipped with enough water and beverages.
- We got an extremely convenient room in building 44, next to the buffet and pool, but was also quiet. We were able to run in an out to change multiple times a day and be back at the pool in seconds.
- Shuttle was frequent and convenient.
- Resort is large with 7 hotels combined. Lots to see and experience.
- We didn't spend enough time at beach, but it was beautiful and water was warm.
- Hand Foot and Mouth: I have read previous reviews of kids getting hand foot and mouth disease and disregarded it. We arrived on Monday and by Thursday, my 9 months old daughter came down with it. She ran a high fever and was diagnosed by the international clinic in town. It made the last 2 days of our vacation quite more stressful. It's the reader's call on whether or not it was contracted at the resort. If you do go with kids, at least bring sufficient baby/children Tylenol and Ibuprofen because pharmacy there will charge $20USD for it.
- We paid extra for the family premium junior suite but it wasn't worth it. The kids didn't get their tshirt, hats, balloons as shown on website and nor did I see any benefits for the extra money.
- Late check out required $25USD paid in cash to registar but was not able to be charged to our credit card. Quite odd but maybe that's the hotel system.
- Bahia Privilege Club was extremely pushy with sales. I was told it's an hour to tour Fantasia. But ended up only seeing Fantasia for 20 min and spending 2 hours listening to a pushy salesman (Jason) wanting to sell us $20k timeshare vacation. He was frustrated when we refused over and over again.
- Most service personnel do not smile nor maintain eye contact but maybe it's part of the culture?
Resort was very pleasant, good food, kids had a fun time. If we did not encounter hand foot and mouth disease with baby, I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5.
Great Family Resort!!!
This resort has everything! Including water park for kids, daycare, plenty of food, several bars, pools and shuttles for transfers from one location to another. The beach is the best. Plenty of beach chairs and you can walk for miles.
The comments and opinions on this Ratings and Reviews section of our website are the views and opinions of TripAdvisor members and AppleVacations.passengers. They are providied 'as is' and we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury, inconvenience or other damage resulting from this information. You should verify critical information (for example passports and visas, and customs) with the relevant authorities, and review our Fair Trade Contract and Things To Know Before You Go (including our Health and Safety Tips For Travelers) before you travel.