Just got back from the most amazing holiday at Dreams Punta Cana Resort and Spa. I can't recommend it highly enough. Beautiful resort, stunning beach, fantastic food and the loveliest people. Special mentions for Lidia, JosĂ© and Guillermo in Oceana, and of course Spaghetti, Coca Cola and our main man Super Louis in the entertainment team. All a real asset to the resort who made our stay the best holiday ever!
My family travels to Dreams Punta Cana every year. My mom and dad have been there at this resort 24 times this was my moms 25th as my Dad passed away in March. He loved this place! We had a wonderful vacation. Many improvements at the hotel especially the food. The Staff is what really what makes the vacation. Many old friends especially the wait staff Sanchez, Willy, Recardo. Every morning Happy Happy Simon greeted the family at the World Cafe. Had a fantastic time at the Apple dinner at the Trattoria and with Leonardo as our waiter. Special shout out to our concierges Kathy and Ana (beautiful ladies) who attended to our every need. Cesar at the swim up bar made the best Margaritas. Although the entertainers we knew from previous years have moved on :( we had a great time with the new ones. The entertainment team is excellente! Sammy, Super Luis, Ronnie and Spaghetti! These guys along with the rest of the team are a true asset to the vacation experience. They got us involved in the games loved human basketball on the canoe. The grounds are beautifully kept, they work hard on a daily basis. See you next year.
First and top of my list for praise are all the staff nothing is too much for them they are all willing and happy. Not once did anyone seem grumpy or unhappy in 18 days which is incredible. The food as previously mentioned was great for the cost of the holiday. Our favourite A La Carte was the Oceana The starters amazing and I loved the Meat and seafood lovers plate Which consisted of About 6oz fillet steak 2 very large prawns on a bed of vegetables delicious. All the A La Carte were very good never had a bad meal or had to book if they are full you are provided with a device that gives you a signal when your table is ready. The main eaterie The world CafĂ© is brilliant . Unbelievable choice for breakfast . Fresh fruit tropical and exotic Yoghurts of many kinds freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices, Eggs every way my Wife loved the eggs benedict perfectly poached every time Bacon Ham various sausages. Pancakes .Mexican choice. Lunch 4 carvery roasts daily plus grill choice and specials too many to mention. Dinner similar but so much choice you could eat here every day and have something different each time. The wine was OK very drinkable and the beer too was fine. No problem getting served at any time our favourite was the lobby bar my Special thanks and praise go to Jackson the barman plus all the others who served us. Keep a look out for Ana the waitress mad as a bucket of frogs but lovely and very good at her job. The gardens are beautiful as is the beach and pool one slight little gripe the pool is only 3 Ft deep all over but is massive with plenty of sunbeds shade and floating beds. The rooms are very good too updating is needed but they are spotless as is everywhere in the hotel. In conclusion this is the best all inclusive holiday I have been on and I have done lots. Thank you everyone At Dreams resort and Spa.
The staff, food, games, and drinks were brilliant. Definitely, looking forward to visiting again soon!! One of the highlights of the trip was losing my brand new iPhone one night - but the best part was that the staff is kind and loyal and I was able to collect my brand new iPhone from the "lost and found..." Amazing service!!
My husband and I visited Dreams Punta Cana from April 30 through May 10 (2016). It was my 18th trip to Punta Cana and the 17th for my husband, so we had very reasonable expectations. While there were some positives and negatives, overall, we had a nice, relaxing vacation.
First, the positives:
1. The pool is awesome. It runs throughout the resort and I found the temperature to be perfect! The resort provides rafts, although, they were sometimes in short supply. I took my own and spent several days blissfully floating around with a book.
2. We found the food to be excellent at the buffet. It was always extremely fresh and there was enough variety that even the pickiest eater should find something appetizing. As far as the a-la-cart restaurants, the food was just OK. We didn't have anything terrible, but didn't find anything fantastic either. We really liked the Bordeaux, but just because it was the only air conditioned restaurant.
3. We found the service to be hit or miss. Sometimes it was outstanding, but a few times it was poor. In general, the service at the lobby bar and at the buffet was great. We had excellent service when dealing with Estrella, Feliciano, Frank, Gregory, Sanchez, and Angel at the buffet restaurant, Jackson and Josefina took good care of us at the bars, and our customer service needs were taken care of by Enrique, Mary, Katty, and Emely.
4. There were customer service representatives walking around the pool area and in the buffet talking to guests and continuously asking for suggestions for improvement. This was a new experience as we have not seen that at any other resorts, either in Punta Cana or in Mexico.
5. The majority of the employees were genuinely friendly. Most speak at least a little English and with our basic knowledge of Spanish, we were able to communicate just fine.
Now for the negatives:
1. Avoid building 2. While it is quiet, it is old, tired, and run-down. We were on the 3rd floor of that building for the first 8 nights of our trip. Our air conditioner did not work well and their attempts to fix it were unsuccessful. After a power outage during a thunderstorm, the AC went out completely and we had a very uncomfortable night. The next morning, however, when we complained again, we were upgraded to a wonderful suite in building 9 with fantastic air conditioning, a separate living room, a walk-in closet, and a jacuzzi on the balcony at no extra charge. As we had only booked a basic room, we were well satisfied with the resolution to our problem. (My room rating is for building 2, where we spent the majority of our vacation. It would be much higher for the suite in building 9)
2. Mosquitoes were terrible, even with the use of repellent with DEET. We were bitten numerous times while dining at the seafood and steak restaurants as they are open air. We were also bitten in the theater, during the shows and any time we walked anywhere at night. We came home covered with bites. I would strongly advise any women who are pregnant to avoid this resort as long as the Zika virus remains a threat in the Dominican Republic.
3. There are many areas of the resort that are in need of maintenance and repairs. The beach grill had a blue tarp covering the roof during our entire stay and we noticed several other places where a little maintenance could be a great improvement.
4. The service at the beach was lacking. One waitress was more interested in talking to the guys at the sports center than taking care of the guests. We finally gave up and spent the last several days of our trip at the pool, although we are generally beach lovers.
5. The beach grill and pool grill had a very limited selection (hamburgers and hot dogs, and a few days chips were available). A little more of a selection would be a great improvement as the only other place for lunch is the buffet and it is quite a walk from the beach.
6. Finally, there is a guy that I called Mr. Happy. My husband found him to be annoying, although, he didn't bother me. He constantly says things like, "I love my job," and "A happy wife is a happy life." It does get old after a couple of days.
In conclusion, this resort is definitely worth considering, especially if the price is right. The pool is the very best anywhere we have seen in Punta Cana, so if you're a pool lover, this is your place! The service is much better than average. The only downfall is the lack of investment in capital upgrades of the infrastructure. A little bit of spending on basic maintenance would go a long way. I would predict that if the parent company of the resort (AM Resorts) does not invest in infrastructure maintenance soon, this resort will start to drag down the Dreams brand and they will then sell this property off or operate it under a different brand name.