Apple Vacations Customer Satisfaction Score
What to expect
1773 past Apple Vacationers would recommend Seadust Cancun Family Resort to their friends and family
Latest Apple Vacations Review >>
TripAdvisor Web Reviews
What to expect
Apple Vacations Traveller Reviews
THE WORST RESORT EVER, STAY AWAY.
This is the worst resort I ever been. 22 of my group of 24 got sick because of the water or the food, both are terrible. We had people with diarrhea and vomiting every day that we stayed there. AVOID THIS PLACE BEFORE YOU GET THERE, IT IS CHEAPER AND SAFER TO GET ANOTHER RESORT.
Family trip for 5
Good-food was veer good. Lots of choices and restaurants were very good. The service throughout the hotel was great and staff was very friendly and happy. No complaints there. Pool was nice. Some stuff floating in it at times. Always activities in the middle pool if you'd like. No problem getting a hut and chairs on the beach. Staff frequently serviced you with drinks while there. My only complaint for the hotel is the mattresses are very hard and the AC isn't very cold in my room and anywhere in the hotel restUrants. The Japanese restaurant was the coldest. So if you like your room very cold, this hotel isn't it. For the price-I had 1 adult child and a15 and 13 year old, it was a nice trip and hotel.
Needs some TLC but our experience was very good.
The resort needs some TLC for sure. That being said, it was clean and nearly all the employees were outstanding. The food was above average and the entertainment staff was excellent. We would go back for sure but as I started with ... the building itself needs some upkeep. My parents did have a couple issues in their beach front room including some flooding (The shower didn't have a door so they just hung a shower curtain which did not work in that type of shower). They did compensate them with a free night though.
Really enjoyed our stay at the Parnassus Resort
Great hotel at a great location on the Cancun strip. Really enjoyed the restaurants, especially the French restaurant. If I had to pick one thing to complain about, it would be the "slow" elevators. The next time I come back I'm booking a room on one of the lower floors, and taking the stairs!
what i expected- fair
The place met our goal- pool, pool activities for kids, beach and friendly staff. the rooms was very old and needs updating. the food was fair and the alcohol was definitely watered down and often the high end was not available. All staff were amazing! i would probably not go back because of the food and alcohol. Price was cheap so I did not set my expectations to high to start.
Bottled water is not included
Bottled water is not included in the "all inclusive plan". They charge 50 cents per 8 ounce bottle. And not all restaurants are open at night. And if you pay for an upgrade in advance, they still try to put you in a basic room.
Very clean hotel. Rap music at the pools was far too loud. Lot of kids
Hotel staff was exceptional. Property could use some updating, but enjoyed my stay
Leaking in bathroom was poorly addressed
We discovered a leak in the bathroom ceiling and reported to the hotel. Hotel checked it and did not do anything. Two days later, we called them for the same problem. A maintenance person checked for a while and determined that the leak comes from the hotel room upstairs. We asked the hotel if they can do anything to resolve the situation and they did not do anything for the trouble and inconvenience that the leaking caused. They did fixed the leak the day before we left. So I would rate their response to a problem that obviously theirs very poorly.
Horrible, the absolute worst and I want a refund
There was roaches in the buffet area where you were forced to eat almost all of your meals the only meal you could have outside of there was dinner and god knows what those kitchens look like, the place was horrible and disgusting , smelled terrible , everything was old and gross , the place was terrible terrible. , words cannot express how horrible this place was and how bad it smelled, how bad the food was, air conditioning did not work. The wifi was only in the lobby and to get it in your room it was $15 US dollars per day. There were cigarette butts lining the kids pool where your children are swimming, there's also a bar in that pool so people without kids can drink there beside your children. They upgraded us to a "suite" after days of complaining and that was even worse and even more warm
Then the other room was , spend $3000 dollars and am furious that I didn't just go to another resort, I stayed at the pyramid at grand oasis just one year prior and it was much better , that's why I brought my family , and I'm embarrassed at this terrible service and I will never use apple vacations again or go to Cancun ever again. Thanks for ruining the first family vacation in over 30 years .
Our 5th Anniversary Trip
The age of the hotel was showing in many ways most notably was a mildew order every time we left and came back. We were moved to another room due to Loud construction
TripAdvisor Traveller Reviews
Just the facts...
An All-Inclusive vacation is not my first choice, but we were traveling with two people with children, so it seemed like the right choice. The Great Parnassus is a budget friendly resort. When reading reviews and making your decision keep that in mind; travelers get what they pay for.
• The housekeeping in my room was inconsistent. Some days our room was very clean, other times not so much, although I left a generous tip each day. Others, who had oceanfront rooms, were happier with the housekeeping staff. We had a lagoon view room which I would avoid. The room was dated with a very hard bed. The view is not as nice as the oceanfront rooms. There is a hot tub on the balcony but it was so decrepit and dirty that I think it had been years since anyone had used it. The closet and bathroom is larger than in the other rooms but the steam shower did not work. If you are sensitive to mold, these rooms are to be avoided. See photos.
• Air conditioning in the rooms is very weak so the rooms are VERY warm.
• The pool area is very busy and loud, with lots of children. The water is so warm it is not refreshing. The good news is the ocean is right down some steps with plenty of chairs and i umbrellas for shade. Service at the pool and the beach is excellent. Lifeguards at the beach are not very attentive, often chatting or using cell phones.
• The adult pool area was quiet and pleasant with a nice bar, not very busy at all.
• I love good food which is generally in short supply at All-Inclusive resorts, but the food options were very good at the Great Parnassus. Le Maison De Michelle, an adult only restaurant, was outstanding. The cafeteria offered lots of choices for breakfast, with fresh omelets made with ingredients of your choosing. The lunch options were varied, fresh, and excellent. Every restaurant we tried was a pleasant surprise.
• Most of the staff was friendly and accommodating.
• The workout room was well enough equipped but the air conditioning was sub standard even there. It was hot!
• The spa was exquisite! We had massages there that were absolutely fabulous. I highly recommend a visit to the spa.
Would I go back? No, but it was a decent experience, and I am not usually traveling on a tight budget. Was it passable if you are traveling on a budget? Yes, as long as you are realistic about a budget resort.
Was good but half the bars where closed so that was bad there isn't many places to eat during the day or at lunch it would be much better if there was the bed was hard and fridge didn't get cold they are gonna renovate it so maybe it will get better nice view
Decent all inclusive
There were things I liked about this hotel and things I didn't like. First, it was clean, which is the most important but very dated. We were told that the hotel was recently bought and renovations are going to start in September 2017 so they discounted many rooms.There were a lot of families from Mexico. We were pretty close the only Americans so it was hard to meet other families that spoke English. Our kids were the oldest ones there at ages 17, 14, and 14. Lots of families with young kids. The people who worked at the hotel were extremely friendly and very helpful. There is the whole buy a timeshare pitch ( although they say it isn't a timeshare) and were very aggressive even after we told them no several times. The only good thing about listening to the hour sales pitch ( which was more like one hour 45 minutes) was that they gave you $100 to use at the hotel for whatever you wanted. We used it in the Spa, which was fabulous. The air conditioning in the rooms was terrible, not unbearable, but could have been way cooler. We did ask them to come up and look at it, which they did but it didn't help. The hair dryer in the room sounded like it was going to catch on fire but I called immediately and they replaced it. The water in the restaurants and bars was fine to drink but not out of the faucet or shower. Its filled with chlorine so use bottled water to brush your teeth. The pool area was fun, sort of reminded me of spring break with all the noise but when it got to loud we moved to the beach, which had nice chairs and tiki umbrellas. The waves were big, so not many families were there who had young kids. The food was better in some restaurants than others and no reservations were required. The Japanese place was really good as well as the French place ( adults only in the French). The Manhattan restaurant was terrible but the dessert was good. The teen center was fun for the kids as well as the Sports bar. The mini golf course was beat, I mean really old..The swim up bar in the main pool was not open and neither was the swim up bar in the adult only pool. And the non motorized water sports were not free. If you had never used a wind surfer or small sail boat you had to take an $50 one hour lesson. There is not shuttle from the hotel to the lagoon, you have to take the city bus. I think you get what you pay for. Decent resort that was not too expensive.
Just returned home today from a 8night stay at this resort and only good review I have is for the staff. NOT all the staff, but the staff who work for their tips. One who was EXCEPTIONAL !! Armando Martinez . He took care of us everyday at breakfast always went above and beyond for our family !!! Any type of front desk/lobby employees or "supervisors" seriously can care less about guest needs. Nothing is ever their fault or their responsibility and everything is your fault . I had plenty of issues with them with my towel cards, to management being extremely rude when I had a complaint . Tried to charge me 30$ each towel card when I had 5 and forgot them in my first room when they switched me due to their hotel not having a functioning ac unit in my room. On my 4th night we attended a wedding that was held at this hotel so we were not in our rooms from 3pm on and my husbands JBL portable speaker disappeared. We left it out in the clear on the dresser charging and we we returned only the charger was there still plugged in just missing the speaker . We reported it and "supervisor" or security insisted he search the room himself so we let him in and he said he would do a investigation and be in touch . Of course like the rest of their management he never got back to us and when we went back to front desk to question it all they had to say was " he asked housekeeping and no one seen nothing " but he never came to meet us in lobby. He clearly seen us walking to front desk and he disappeared the other way. It's clear someone entered our room and took the speaker but how could I prove anything ? Was just a lost we had to take. Over all the hotel sucks. Every piece of it is hot! Even the elevators were dreadful. Food is bland. Best restaurant was the Japanese. Beach and pool were good. Beds were hard. Again only thing that got us threw the week was the staff!! Thanks for their positive and helpfulness they sincerely deserve all the tips! Any management or front desk u can forget it! Rude! Unprofessional ! And try to make a dollar off u anyway they can! Oh and nobody in this hotel ever had change for us. To get pesos from our US dollars . Front desk was no help what so ever! Have a complaint ??? Seriously ur a waste of their time. I will never refer this hotel and double think before booking here. Thanks again ARMANDO MARTINEZ. Your work ethic is exceptional.
A Great Family Getaway
Expectations can lead to disappointments. I had mixed emotions after reading the reviews from previous guests however, I decided to take my chances. I set a low bar and was pleasantly surprised with the results.
It is a family resort! Although it is an older hotel and a little dated as far as the rooms are concerned; the service, entertainment and food was a HIT!
I’ll list Pro’s and Con’s which might be helpful for some
- 20 mins from the airport
- Looks like a cruise on land! Not a very wide hotel which is great for the little ones (not too much walking)
- Unlimited al la carte dining- Asian, Steakhouse (my favorite), Italian, French, American, wine and cheese bar, Crêperie and more!
- 24 hrs. room service
- Stellar service (they all try their very best…..cleaning crew, food service crew, bar crew etc.)
- ENTERTAINMENT (Eliser, Enrique, Manny, Jonathan, Riccardo, Carlos, Grace, Jorge etc.…. they are TOP!!!!) We will NEVER EVER forget you! They entertained a variety of activities throughout the day (guessing game, feeding iguanas, water volleyball, beach soccer & volleyball, bracelet making for the kids, water aerobics, water polo, water basketball, bingo and the list goes on!
- Pool & Beach Service: tip or no tip, they ALWAYS come around to ask if you want a drink!
- Pool snack bar that offers hotdogs, hamburgers, pizza, chicken wings, nachos and all toppings etc.!
- Kids water park, mini golf and zip lining all on-site
- Always a spot available by the pool or on the beach (beautiful turquoise waters, waves can be a little rough at times)
- Security walks around all the time: in the hotel, by the beach and pool area!
- 24hr coffee machine available at the Crêperie
- Due to building architecture all rooms have an ocean view
- We were on the Southside of the resort (3rd floor even number room family suite with a king bed and bunk beds for the kids) and we heard the vents from the outside-in; morning, afternoon and night. It wasn’t painful but, could have done without. Kids TV near the bunk beds didn’t work.
- Air conditioning was weak but, we also had 45 degree weather every day for 12 days, still could have used a cooler room. Room temperature was set at 18 degrees and never went below 23.5 degrees
- Air conditioning weak in the elevators as well
- No minibar….this was a big disappointment!!! They offer 2 mini water bottles to start and you can purchase more when needed. Luckily we brought our re-fillable mugs and were able to bring up some drinks and filtered water from the bars
- Dated rooms = poor shower water pressure, cracked tiles, weak lighting and mattresses that need to be changed.
We had a fantastic time despite the cons and would definitely return when some renovations are done.
The comments and opinions on this Ratings and Reviews section of our website are the views and opinions of TripAdvisor members and AppleVacations.passengers. They are providied 'as is' and we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury, inconvenience or other damage resulting from this information. You should verify critical information (for example passports and visas, and customs) with the relevant authorities, and review our Fair Trade Contract and Things To Know Before You Go (including our Health and Safety Tips For Travelers) before you travel.